Pages

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection VS Estee Lauder Double Wear


This is a matter that is close to the heart. My two favourite foundations of all time. One high end, one high street, both amazing and I cannot decide which one is better. It all boils down THE question in make-up. Is it worth the money to invest in high end make-up brands? I'm going to say in certain cases, yes. However I do find myself being lured in to the 'higher price means higher quality' mindset, and it is for EXACTLY this reason that I cannot decide which of the two foundations mentioned is my all time favourite.

In fact, when I have a night out, I automatically reach for Estee Lauder because its 'special' and I want to look 'special' If you put £25.50 on your face, the psychological impact will be that you feel worth more and even though I am well aware of this ridiculous trickery.. it most definitely does not block the effect. I cannot count on both hands how many times my Double Wear doesn't do what its told while I'm in a rush on a Saturday and I think to myself "Ya shudda just used your faithful old collection 2000" but no. Its Saturday, I'm going out, so I'll use my expensive stuff. Victim of the super brand, I think so.

So I'm going to lift the brands of the bottles out of my mind and focus on how the product actually performs. I am going to start by saying that I have good skin and *touch wood* I have never suffered from a spot bigger than a pinprick on my face (I know what your thinking people..'Lucky b***h') So these foundations may not be for everyone - they are just my faves! :) I generally go for anything that claims to 'last' both of which are the main selling points of these foundations


Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation in Ivory - RRP £5.99 (can get this from asda right now for £4.00!!)

"Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation provides up to 16 hours of flawless looking skin."

I'm going to put it out there that this foundation does not last 16 hours, but I'd easily say at least 10-12. This is the cheapest foundation I have found that glides so easily. It is so easy to work this around your face. I use a QVS foundation brush from superdrug and one pump is usually enough to do your whole face. This foundation sets itself, so I usually move on to my eyes before giving it a once over with powder.

One of the main things I love about the foundation is how lovely other makeup seems to sit on top. (Powders,eyeshadow etc) If you truly want this to not budge, use a primer underneath, powder and then spritz with a fixing solution such as Urban Decay All Nighter and you will have a base that will not budge all day.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup in Shell - RRP £25.50

"15-hour staying power. Flawless all day." (READ MORE @ Estee Lauder)

This foundation does last 15 hours, however obviously it does not look as perfect as first applied. It wears off VERY well.. giving you a dewy look.. and if that's the look you prefer, I do not think you would have to reapply. Unfortunately, this comes in a glass bottle with no pump so its difficult to judge how much your actually using. Quite a bit of product pours out so its best to put it on your hand as oppose to directly on your brush. 

This sets considerably faster than Lasting perfection so you HAVE to work quickly with it or you end up looking like someones glued sand to your face. BUT. Once, worked in, and the rest of your base completed, this foundation looks beautiful.

Consistency and functionality of packaging have to go to Collection 2000. Staying power and setting time go to Estee Lauder.  I still cannot decide on my favourite, but  I cannot say there is anything wrong with having two. So its not really a question of performance.. its just..one looks better on your dressing table! :)

No Flash
Flash    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post suggestions